Batch runs in Jason

Tina Balke

Dear Jomi and Rafael,

I’d like to use batch runs with my simulation. Currently I’m using a simulator agent that gets a message from all agents once they have performed a certain number of actions. When all agents have sent him a message, he will stop the simulation and kill the agents. Even though this works with stopping the simulation, is there any way of automatically starting the simulation again (possibly with a different set of parameters – I’m using an XML file to set that is read at the beginning of a simulation in order to set certain simulation parameters)?

Thanks a lot for your help in advance.

All the best,

Tina

Re: Batch runs in Jason

Jomi Hubner
<base href="x-msg://30/">Hi Tina,

As far as I remember, to stop the system you are already using a good approach (an alternative is to put that functionality in the environment, if you have one in your application). To run several times the system with different parameter, I used shell scripts in another project. But it is also quite simple to write a Java program for that. Take a look at bin/build.xml (the run task) to see how the system is started in Jason.