Quantcast

How can I run customised classes with Jason?

How can I run customised classes with Jason?

rosalvo
Hello!

I´m having some problems trying to run with Jason customised classes that are defined in a Jar file.

I have copied the Jar file to the ´lib´ subdirectory of the Jason environment (the same location of the saci.jar file). And I have included the line ´import <class>´ in the Jason environment class (a file with '.java' extension), just below the others 'import' commands (like ´import jason.asSyntax.Literal;´).

When I run the application (file with '.mas2j' extension) I get the error that the package <class> that I´m trying to use does not exist.

I have made an attempt to use the saci package (command 'import saci.moise.*;') and it worked.

Do I have to specify something to Jason to run the customised classes?

Thanks in advance. Best regards,

Rosalvo E. Streit.

Re: How can I run customised classes with Jason?

Jomi Fred Hubner-2
Hi Rosalvo,

to have your jar files automatically included in the classpath, you
have to create a lib directory inside your Jason project directory (the
directory that contains the .mas2j file) and copy your jar files to
this directory (not jason/lib).

This is a new feature of jason 0.7.1 and thus is not extensively
tested. So please let us know if it works for your project.

Best regards,

Jomi

On 6/out/2005, at 18:11, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I´m having some problems trying to run with Jason customised classes
> that are defined in a Jar file.
>
> I have copied the Jar file to the ´lib´ subdirectory of the Jason
> environment (the same location of the saci.jar file). And I have
> included the line ´import <class>´ in the Jason environment class (a
> file with '.java' extension), just below the others 'import' commands
> (like ´import jason.asSyntax.Literal;´).
>
> When I run the application (file with '.mas2j' extension) I get the
> error that the package <class> that I´m trying to use does not exist.
>
> I have made an attempt to use the saci package (command 'import
> saci.moise.*;') and it worked.
>
> Do I have to specify something to Jason to run the customised classes?
>
> Thanks in advance. Best regards,
>
> Rosalvo E. Streit.
> [hidden email]
WYSIWYG: what you see is all that you get
LaTeX: what you get is more than you see
--
Jomi Fred Hübner             Universidade Regional de Blumenau    FURB
Professor                    Departamento de Sistemas e Computação DSC

RES: How can I run customised classes with Jason?

rosalvo
Thanks a lot Jomi!

I just tested some methods from the classes of the Jar file that I've
copied into the 'lib' directory (inside the Jason project of my project)
and it's working.

'Grande abraço',

Rosalvo.

Enviada em: quinta-feira, 6 de outubro de 2005 21:57
Para: [hidden email]
Cc: [hidden email]
Assunto: Re: [Jason-users] How can I run customised classes with Jason?

Hi Rosalvo,

to have your jar files automatically included in the classpath, you
have to create a lib directory inside your Jason project directory (the
directory that contains the .mas2j file) and copy your jar files to
this directory (not jason/lib).

This is a new feature of jason 0.7.1 and thus is not extensively
tested. So please let us know if it works for your project.

Best regards,

Jomi

On 6/out/2005, at 18:11, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I´m having some problems trying to run with Jason customised classes
> that are defined in a Jar file.
>
> I have copied the Jar file to the ´lib´ subdirectory of the Jason
> environment (the same location of the saci.jar file). And I have
> included the line ´import <class>´ in the Jason environment class (a
> file with '.java' extension), just below the others 'import' commands
> (like ´import jason.asSyntax.Literal;´).
>
> When I run the application (file with '.mas2j' extension) I get the
> error that the package <class> that I´m trying to use does not exist.
>
> I have made an attempt to use the saci package (command 'import
> saci.moise.*;') and it worked.
>
> Do I have to specify something to Jason to run the customised classes?
>
> Thanks in advance. Best regards,
>
> Rosalvo E. Streit.
> [hidden email]
WYSIWYG: what you see is all that you get
LaTeX: what you get is more than you see
--
Jomi Fred Hübner             Universidade Regional de Blumenau    FURB
Professor                    Departamento de Sistemas e Computação DSC
                              Campus IV, rua Braz Wanka, 238, Vila Nova
mailto:[hidden email]      89035-160                    Blumenau, SC
http://www.inf.furb.br/~jomi Tel: (47) 321-7810     Fax: (47) 321-7802

4/10/2005