How to run the distributed-jade/case1 demo

How to run the distributed-jade/case1 demo

Francisco Grimaldo Moreno

Hi all,

I am trying to run the distributed-jade/case1 demo that comes with Jason 1.4.0
by following the instructions on of the FAQ (section 7.4.1).

Apparently, I manage to launch the Main-Container and the local agents (both a
and d write their messages on the MAS console) but I get the following errors
when I try to launch the remote agents.

The errors reported are as follows:

     [java] nov. 21, 2013 3:22:08 PM jade.core.AgentContainerImpl
startBootstrapAgents
     [java] SEVERE: Cannot create agent b: Dispatcher error [nested
jade.imtp.leap.DispatcherException: DispatcherException in remote site. No
skeleton for object-id 12548324]
     [java] nov. 21, 2013 3:22:08 PM jade.core.AgentContainerImpl
startBootstrapAgents
     [java] SEVERE: Cannot create agent c1: Dispatcher error [nested
jade.imtp.leap.DispatcherException: DispatcherException in remote site. No
skeleton for object-id 12548324]
     [java] nov. 21, 2013 3:22:08 PM jade.core.AgentContainerImpl
startBootstrapAgents
     [java] SEVERE: Cannot create agent c2: Dispatcher error [nested
jade.imtp.leap.DispatcherException: DispatcherException in remote site. No
skeleton for object-id 12548324]
     [java] nov. 21, 2013 3:22:08 PM jade.core.AgentContainerImpl
startBootstrapAgents
     [java] SEVERE: Cannot create agent c3: Dispatcher error [nested
jade.imtp.leap.DispatcherException: DispatcherException in remote site. No
skeleton for object-id 12548324]

Has anyone suffered from the same problem? Can you give me a hint on how to
proceed, please?

Thanks a lot,
Fran

Dr. Francisco Grimaldo Moreno

Departament d'Informàtica
Escola Tècnica Superior d'Enginyeria (ETSE)
Universitat de València
Avinguda de la Universitat, s/n
46100 Burjassot-València (SPAIN)

Tel: +34 96 354 44 87 (+34 96 354 45 65)
Fax: +34 96 354 47 68
Email: [hidden email]
Web: http://www.uv.es/grimo

Re: How to run the distributed-jade/case1 demo

Francisco Grimaldo Moreno

Hi Jomi,

Yes, I have change hostnames to IPs and I have generated the build.xml.

See the attached mas2j files. When I launch everything on the same machine it
works but it does not when I try to do it in two machines.

Does this happen to you? Which Jade version is delivered with Jason? I am
asking this because I have found this somehow recent thread:

http://jade.17737.x6.nabble.com/JAVA-is-not-able-to-detect-the-local-host-address-td5002167.html

Best,
Francisco

El Dijous, 5 de desembre de 2013, a les 17:03:30, Jomi Fred Hübner va
escriure:

demo-case1-local.mas2j (611 bytes) Download Attachment
demo-case1.mas2j (613 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: How to run the distributed-jade/case1 demo

Francisco Grimaldo Moreno

Hi all,

Thanks again Jomi for you quick answer. I have finally been able to run the
demo on two machines. Let me report my fault, as other Jason users could
benefit from it.

The problem was that I thought that "c1" and "c2" where the names of the
remote hosts, instead of the names of the containers. I am sorry for the
incovenience.

Best,
Fran

El Divendres, 6 de desembre de 2013, a les 00:57:14, Francisco Grimaldo Moreno
va escriure: