I don't understand the error.

Norzaidah Md Noh
Hi there,

Firstly, I am very sorry if my question is quite too rookie. But, I am running my program and kept getting the error:

[login] Error in internal action '.create_agent(UserName,"studentAssistant.asl",[agentArchClass(myp.CairoGUI)])' (login.asl:9): null

what is wrong with the way I create the agent? I already have my myp.CairoGUI.java file, which extends AgArch. Am I doing this correctly?

I hope someone would be helpful to assist me..

Thanks.

--
~norzaidah

Re: I don't understand the error.

Jomi Hubner
Hi Norzaidah,

The command as you used seems all right! In order to identify the problem

1) could you try it without the third argument (the agent architecture) and see if it works

2) ensure that the variable UserName has an assigned value

3) ensure that the file studentAssistant.asl is in the project folder (or src/asl folder; or in a folder listed in aslSourcePath)

> On 14 Apr 2016, at 09:20, Norzaidah Md Noh <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi there,
>
> Firstly, I am very sorry if my question is quite too rookie. But, I am running my program and kept getting the error:
>
> [login] Error in internal action '.create_agent(UserName,"studentAssistant.asl",[agentArchClass(myp.CairoGUI)])' (login.asl:9): null
>
> what is wrong with the way I create the agent? I already have my myp.CairoGUI.java file, which extends AgArch. Am I doing this correctly?
>
> I hope someone would be helpful to assist me..
>
> Thanks.
>

> --
> ~norzaidah

Re: I don't understand the error.

Gustavo Ortiz Hernández
Hi Norzaidah!

have you already tried enclosing the name of the class as "myp.CairoGUI", since the term should be string.

hope it helps

Hi there,

Firstly, I am very sorry if my question is quite too rookie. But, I am running my program and kept getting the error:

[login] Error in internal action '.create_agent(UserName,"studentAssistant.asl",[agentArchClass(myp.CairoGUI)])' (login.asl:9): null

what is wrong with the way I create the agent? I already have my myp.CairoGUI.java file, which extends AgArch. Am I doing this correctly?

I hope someone would be helpful to assist me..

Thanks.

--
~norzaidah

Re: I don't understand the error.

Norzaidah Md Noh
Owh, that's the reason my code is giving me the error.. :D

Thanks a lot, sir. It does help. :)