Logical consequence code‏

xl666
Hi, right now I'm trying to isolate the code for logical consequence in order to be able to call the method without an agent. I created a custom method for this, my custom method receives 3 things: the formula to be evaluated, a list of literals (it acts as the belief base), and an unifier.  I think I have accomplished the task but I don't know how clean it is. For starters, I saw that there are 2 implementations of the method, one in Literal and other in LogExpr, being the core implementation in Literal. I saw that the agent is used basically for two things: retrieve the beliefs base and retrieve a queryCache and queryProfiling. I don't know whats the purpose of the queryCache and the queryProfiling, I removed all the things related to these objects and all seems to be working right (annotations, rules, variables),  but I don't know if they are essential for some cases. Since my method receives directly the formula to be evaluated I couldn't use polymorphism so I had to check in the code if the formula is a Literal or a LogExpr to know what version of the method call (unfortunately I couldn't use overloading because a LogExpr is also a Literal).

I don't know if there is a simpler way to do logical consequence without an agent in the way. I'm doing a CArtaAgo proyect, I want to put an operation that does logical consequence.

Thanks for your attention. Greetings

Re: Logical consequence code‏

Jomi Fred Hubner-4
<base href="x-msg://373/">Hi Hector, that is a really interesting use of the Jason project. As far as I can evaluate now, your approach is very good. The query* has no importance for the logical consequence. And you really need an Agent to provide the beliefs base, which can be of many kinds in jason.

Some time ago, someone asked us for this functionality and we provided some examples which are attached. Maybe it can give you some hints to avoid the test if a formula is a Literal or a LogExpr.

All the best for your project.

Jomi

<base href="x-msg://373/">

On 15/05/2013, at 13:12, HECTOR XAVIER LIMON RIAÑO wrote:

[...]

jason-logical-engine.zip (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Logical consequence code

Felipe Rech Meneguzzi
I do remember this, it should work pretty well, I've used the logical bit of Jason for a classical planner. It is still working.

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 8:09 AM, Jomi Fred Hubner <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Felipe Rech Meneguzzi
[hidden email]
http://fmeneguzzi.blogspot.com