Re: Calling A Web Service Through A Jason Agent

Re: Calling A Web Service Through A Jason Agent

Rafael H Bordini-2
Hi Sachini,

If you go to the download area where you can see all the files:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/jason/files

there is a jason-applications section where you can get an old example
of how to do this, the direct link is:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/jason/files/jason-applications/version%201.1/amazon-client-1.1b.zip/download

but note that this was made in version 1.1 of Jason so you might need to
download an older version of Jason to run it, I cannot assure it will
run with the latest version as we have not updated it recently. Since
Jason is on top of Java, you can use Java directly to access web
services, as in that example.

[hidden email] wrote:

> The attached message has been automatically discarded.

> Subject:
> Calling A Web Service Through A Jason Agent
> From:
> sachini weerawardhana <[hidden email]>
> Date:
> Wed, 24 Mar 2010 14:49:34 +0530
> To:
> [hidden email]
>
> To:
> [hidden email]
>

> Hi
>
> Can anyone give me a pointer as to how a jason agent can be used to
> invoke a webservice?
> I have read in a paper [1], that you can use AgentScape middleware to do
> this.
>
> I would like to know if there is another way of doing this through Jason
> alone without relying on another component.
>
> Any help would be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks in Advance
> Sachini
>
> [1] http://homepage.tudelft.nl/68x7e/Papers/EUMAS09.pdf

Re: Calling A Web Service Through A Jason Agent

Jomi Fred Hubner-4
Hi,

(in complement of the email of Rafael)

I guess the code will compile and run with the latest version of Jason. However, it doesn't work because it uses the amazon webservive which requires a password and the password used in the example expired!

best,

Jomi