Quantcast

Re: jason-jade tutorial out of date?

Jomi Fred Hubner-4
Hi Danilo,

thanks very much for reporting this problem!

Jason 1.3.6 changed the code of jade architecture and unfortunately the tutorial is not consistent.

You have 4 alternatives to continue:

1. use the SVN version of Jason (where the bug and the tutorial were fixed).

2. replace the internal action code to:
           if (ts.getUserAgArch().getArchInfraTier() instanceof JasonBridgeArch) {
               // get a reference to the jade agent that represents this Jason agent
               JadeAgArch infra = ((JasonBridgeArch)ts.getUserAgArch().getArchInfraTier()).getJadeAg();

  and use the jason.jar available at

3. use jason 1.3.5

4. wait for jason 1.3.7 :-)

All the best,

Jomi

On 31/10/2011, at 17:19, Danilo Pianini wrote:

Hello,
I tried to follow the document at http://jason.sourceforge.net/mini-tutorial/jason-jade/ using Jason 1.3.6, but it seems to be no longer consistent. It complains that it can only run on a Jade platform, and uncommenting the instanceof control throws the following:

Error in internal action 'jadedf.register'! java.lang.ClassCastException: jason.infra.jade.JadeAgArch$JasonBridgeArch cannot be cast to jason.infra.jade.JadeAgArch

The inner class JasonBridgeArch, having no public modifier, is not accessible from an external Java code. Moreover, all this is not consistent with the API description:
JadeAgArch is actually a subclass of JADE's Agent (http://jade.tilab.com/doc/api/jade/core/Agent.html), which obviously does not implement the interface AgArchInfraTier.

Is there something wrong or it's all my fault?

Cheers!

--
Ing. Dott. Danilo Pianini
Contract Researcher