Quantcast

Test goal failure doesn't stop plan execution?

Test goal failure doesn't stop plan execution?

Nikolay Ryabykh
Hi All.

Recently I found the following strange behaviour of Jason.

I run the following agent:

===
!start.

+!start
<- .print("Begin");
?start;
.print("End").

-!start
<- .print("Fail").
===

Result is:

[test] Begin
[test] Fail
[test] End

It is expected that the test goal ?start will fail, -!start event will be generated, and the system will print only "Begin" and "Fail" messages. But actually all three messages are printed in the following order: "Begin", "Fail", "End". It means that -!start event is actually generated, but plan +!start doesn't stop.

Is it a bug or not? For example, if I change ?start to ?start1, it works in expectative way and prints only "Begin" and "Fail" messages. It seems like the fact is that test goal (?start) and plan (+!start) have the same names, but however I cannot fully understand it. Could you explain this behaviour?

--
Best regards,
Nikolay Ryabykh.

Re: Test goal failure doesn't stop plan execution?

Rafael H Bordini-2
Hi Nikolay,

Thanks for letting us know. This indeed looks like a bug. We'll have a closer look later on.

On 17/10/2012 09:29, Nikolay Ryabykh wrote:
[...]

Jomi Hubner
Hi Nikolay,

we fixed the problem you have identified and
the solution was committed into the SVN and is available at

Thanks again for reporting it