communicating "complex" beliefs

Andrew Koster
Hi,

I am looking through the API, as well as the Jason book and do not see any way of adding new "belief rules" after initialization. The initial belief base may contain rules allowing for some reasoning. However, I cannot find a way to add such rules after initialization.

The java method addBel accepts Literals as its arguments. Similarly +(test :- test2) gives a parse expression and +(test | not test2) throws a Java Exception.

The reason I want this is because agents need to start with incomplete information and preferrably also the causal implications of this information. They may  be told such information by other agents while running. Is there any way of doing this (short of programming my own beliefbase)?

Cheers,
Andrew

Re: communicating "complex" beliefs

Rafael H Bordini-2
Hi Andrew,

Yes, there is an easier way. Have a look at demos/tell-rule demo (and
the custom internal actions used there).