help with SteppedEnvironment and Deliberative agents in the FoodSimulation example

help with SteppedEnvironment and Deliberative agents in the FoodSimulation example

Marcos Côrtes
Hi jason's develops

I has tried use the FoodSimulation example to test my emotional agent.

well, the agents in this example are reactive because their plans execute an action there elicited.

However, to my system I need deliberative agents, with goals and plans concurrence, because I use to the emotional mechanism.

but, I has tried implement a .asl with it. but the experiment has tilt, because the agent has not executed a action in the end of cicle.

I looked for the problem in the code, and I found the SteeppedEnvironment gives to the agent only a "time frame" to it execute a action, after the deadline, the environment will ignore the action.

Because it, a slow agent cannot run a action because the environment does not wait it.

I changed the code to the environment does not ignore the action, but I do not have success.

Do You have any suggestion for me? I would use a normal environment, but I think it will be harder and the system will be different of original.

Thanks...
--
Ass: Marcos Côrtes
Mestrando Computação - UFF

Re: help with SteppedEnvironment and Deliberative agents in the FoodSimulation example

Jomi Hubner
Dear Marcos,

you may try to increase the timeout for agent's action (see for an example the code of FoodEnvironment.java).

Jomi