Quantcast

how to get a jar executable of a jason application

how to get a jar executable of a jason application

Salvatore Lopes
Hello,
i am trying to get a jason application executable outside eclipse. Is there any option in the jason plugin to produce an executable jar ?
Greetings,
Salvatore Lopes

Re: how to get a jar executable of a jason application

Jomi Fred Hübner
Hi Salvatore,

you can always run a jason application using Ant:

cd <your app directory>/bin
ant

using Ant, you can also produce a single jar (1):

ant jar

and a <project_name>.jar file is created. You can double-click on it to run.

(1) Once you have the bin/build.xml in your project, you can run the task “jar” also from eclipse.

On 27/03/2015, at 11:38, Salvatore Lopes <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello,
i am trying to get a jason application executable outside eclipse. Is there any option in the jason plugin to produce an executable jar ?
Greetings,
Salvatore Lopes

Re: how to get a jar executable of a jason application

Jomi Fred Hübner
Hi Salvatore,

Indeed, this feature (a runnable single jar) only makes sense in centralised infrastructure. But you can include cartago and other jars into your application jar:

1. open the bin/build.xml in an editor
2. search for the jar task
3. after the lines

            <fileset dir="${build.dir}">
                <include name="**/*.class" />
            </fileset>

include:
            <zipgroupfileset dir="${basedir}/lib" includes="**/*.jar" />
            <zipgroupfileset dir="${jasonJar}/../../lib" includes="cartago.jar, c4jason.jar, moise.jar" />

4. the application jar will include all the classes from the above jar files.

ps.: the next release of Jason in include this improvement.

On 01/04/2015, at 08:03, Salvatore Lopes <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thank you for the last hint, but I did not achieve what I wanted to do. I am trying to build a jar executable application where an agent creates an artifact. When I run the project in JEdit or Eclipse it does work without problem, but when I run the generated jar i i got an error about "?current_wsp(Id,_,_). Where did I miss something in the process of creating the jar ? It Seems to me that the produced jar is able to work only for Centralised Infrastructure and not JaCaMo. May you help me ?
Thank in advance,
Salvatore Lopes