Quantcast

javax.swing.text.BadLocationException while executing a MAS in Jason

javax.swing.text.BadLocationException while executing a MAS in Jason

Olga Tsvetkova
Dear Jason developers,

I am curious whether someone has encountered the same problem that I
am encountering with my Jason application (centralized architecture
with default PThA, PTnE and JVM settings).

I observe java BadLocationExceptions printed occasionally to my
MASConsole (a few
times per each simulation run). But the simulation proceeds although
it looks like an unhandled java exception. From the message I can see
that it comes from the logger (some threads are terminated due to this
exception?). Can I be sure that my application is running as intented
and how do I debug this?

javax.swing.text.BadLocationException: Invalid insert
at javax.swing.text.GapContent.insertString(GapContent.java:129)
at javax.swing.text.AbstractDocument.handleInsertString(AbstractDocument.java:724)
at javax.swing.text.AbstractDocument.insertString(AbstractDocument.java:708)
at jason.runtime.MASColorTextPane.append(MASConsoleColorGUI.java:154)
at jason.runtime.MASConsoleColorGUI.append(MASConsoleColorGUI.java:100)
at jason.runtime.MASConsoleLogHandler.publish(MASConsoleLogHandler.java:71)
at java.util.logging.Logger.log(Logger.java:610)
at java.util.logging.Logger.doLog(Logger.java:631)
at java.util.logging.Logger.log(Logger.java:654)
at java.util.logging.Logger.info(Logger.java:1172)
at jason.stdlib.puts.execute(puts.java:122)
at jason.asSemantics.TransitionSystem.applyExecInt(TransitionSystem.java:648)
at jason.asSemantics.TransitionSystem.applySemanticRule(TransitionSystem.java:221)
at jason.asSemantics.TransitionSystem.reasoningCycle(TransitionSystem.java:1396)
at jason.infra.centralised.CentralisedAgArch.run(CentralisedAgArch.java:205)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)

Any input on the issue at hand is highly appreciated.
Thanks a lot.

Kind regards,
Olga

Re: javax.swing.text.BadLocationException while executing a MAS in Jason

Jomi Hubner
Hi Olga,

this error is related to the Java GUI and we never discovered the real reasons. You can be sure that it does not affect the results of the executions.

you may avoid this error by setting the output to a console/file, see
        http://jason.sourceforge.net/faq/faq.html#SECTION00062000000000000000