question about communication with Jade infra from G.Kieling

question about communication with Jade infra from G.Kieling

Hello, Jasoners! :)

I'm developing a system using Jade infrastructure to communicate my
application to some agentes in Jason. By now it's working just fine
(app sends messages and agents receive them).

But how can I make a conversation between two agents, as in tell-rule
demo? In it, infrastructure Centralized is used, but when I change it
to Jade, it doesn't work anymore.

I didn't find any internal action (as .send) or goal (as
kqml_received) to receive messages properly.

Thanks in advance.
Gustavo

Re: question about communication with Jade infra from G.Kieling

Jomi Fred Hubner-4
Hi Gustavo,

You normally should not be worried about the difference between centralised and jade infrastructures. The same MAS should run on both (try the system described in http://jason.sourceforge.net/mini-tutorial/getting-started for an example). While programming Jason agents, consider KQML as the language. The Jade infrastructure does the corresponding translations (see http://jason.sourceforge.net/faq/faq.html#SECTION00061000000000000000).

The tell-rule demo is a very particular case: it creates a new performative (tell-rule). This performative does not exists in JADE (and cannot be added, I guess).