Quantcast

the frequency of adding percepts

suralk
Hi All,
what is the maximum frequency that we can use to add percepts to the environment? I have an application that sends a percept every 100 millisecond, and the Jason environment cannot handle it. i cannot figure out what goes wrong, but the added percepts simply do not appear in the Environment percept list.
Is there a way to solve this problem?

many thanks in advance

Re: the frequency of adding percepts

Rafael H Bordini-2
Hi Surangika,

Note that an agent can only perceive the environment once every
reasoning cycle A reasoning cycle is typically very short but of course
it takes some time. So for example if p(t) is true of the environment,
then it becomes false, and then it becomes true, and only then 1
reasoning cycle is over, the agent won't react to that change in the
environment because it was too quick for it to perceive (note that this
happens in real life with human agents too). But if you require the
agents to perceive changes in environment that are quicker than a
reasoning cycle, the only way around is to make your implementation of
the environment more complex. The environment class itself should keep
track of what each agent has perceived and keep a queue of relevant
events for each agent and when when agents gets the percepts your
environment give all the past events too, not only the current state.
You'd have to customise the agent architecture too (there's a chpater in
the book about that).